About Me

I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins, so that I can have everlasting life!! I am going to show the world God's Love by becoming a Counterterrorism Analyst with the National Security Agency then becoming a congressman for the state of Washington.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Intro to Critcal Thinking

Most people would choose an essay to resemble their critical thinking skills at work, but I found that this one discussion board was really what showed how I can analyze a movie. The movie is Rabbit Proof Fence, and it is about a tribe in Australia. The main characters include three little girls Molly, Daisy, and Gracie. These girls all under the age of 12 were taken from their tribe because the superior other, the white man, felt that “those people” need to be washed out. The girls are sent to a settlement where they are not allowed to speak their native tongue. Not feeling at home, the girls decided to find their way home by following the rabbit proof fence. There is a tracker that is following them and Gracie is the only one who does not make it home because she departed from the group and was picked up.
As soon as the movie ended, I had to write about it in the Movie Talk Discussion Board and that was where I related to and analyzed the movie. I took on two parts of the movie that really stuck out to me. The first part was when the leaders of the settlement kept forcing upon the girls to speak English and that their native tongue was not allowed. I was able to relate to this because I have always ad that sense of “If you come to America then you must speak English. Don’t expect us to learn your language.” After watching the film it made me change everything because I then thought of how that language defines who they are and is part of their identity.
The second scene was when one of the trackers goes to the girl’s home and begins to walk through the bushes and he knows he is getting closer to the girls. Then comes the mother of the girls and she stands at him ready to strike him with the spear in hand. Even though he has a gun in hand, he stumbles over bushes trying to get away. This brought to my mind Rosa Parks. Just taking that stand can make a huge difference and it showed me courage at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment