About Me

I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins, so that I can have everlasting life!! I am going to show the world God's Love by becoming a Counterterrorism Analyst with the National Security Agency then becoming a congressman for the state of Washington.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Intro to What You Want to Read!

The blog posting of “What’s in your wallet?” is the perfect example of how I grasped the audiences attention and kept them interested. I wanted to avoid the dreaded list. No one wants to read what is in someone’s wallet if all what one is going to do is put it in a list. I decided to make it funny and myself. The assignment was to show that the things in your wallet describe who you are as a human being. The time of which I was to post that, I had a lot of just junk in my wallet, so I thought it was a perfect time to bring in some humor. “Then comes all the coupons that I can possibly find in my wallet.” This is one example of how I tried to avoid saying I have junk, but my wallet definitely shrunk after I removed all the coupons. The other sentence that I tried to turn into a funny was, “Red Robin Bottomless Rewards card (Red Robin…YUM!), a Starbucks card, an Old Navy gift card (about three years old).” My goal was to try and tell the audience who I was through humor, objects, and the last part of the assignment; what wasn’t in my wallet that I wish was. My objective was to inform the audience who I am through the fold of my wallet, and this helped me become more comfortable writing in a discussion board for the whole class to see.
I am glad that this assignment was at the beginning of the quarter because this helped boost my confidence for the reason that my other classmates now know who I am as a writer. This assignment, in other words, helped me be who I am through writing and that is how I became so comfortable in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment