About Me

I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins, so that I can have everlasting life!! I am going to show the world God's Love by becoming a Counterterrorism Analyst with the National Security Agency then becoming a congressman for the state of Washington.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Intro to not yours..but MY Choice!

The Tradition essay was more of a chance for me to be more personal than I have ever been in writing. I discussed how the Digital Video Recorder has brought my family back together. I touched very briefly how my family doesn’t have family time anymore. In the essay I discussed how my brother has sports after school, dad has to work till six, I work till eight, and my mom and sister are at gymnastics till eight so they don’t get home until nine. It was hurting us as a family.
The one thing that I wanted to add to the essay I chose to not include it because it would have defeated the whole purpose of the essay. The DVR is not the only reason that brought my family back together, it was our faith. I began to getting my family back into the groove of attending church with me and I believe that that is what has helped our family get back together. The DVR is another reason because there are many shows that we would watch as a family that we just didn’t have time to watch them when they were on. Not everyone is home all at once when our favorite show, 24, was on either. In this essay, I really emphasized that the DVR made a huge impact on what we call “family time”.
The piece of writing was not the strongest piece I have ever done, but I feel this was the most personal. I don’t like to talk about me. I can’t stand the idea of being selfish. I also don’t enjoy writing about my family. I love my family with all my heart, but there are some things that make me made and sad, and that is what hurts my feelings. So writing about my family coming together meant a lot to me. I understand that not every family is perfect, and that is the very reason why I don’t like talking about mine. There are some families that have it a whole lot worse and my heart goes out to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment