About Me

I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins, so that I can have everlasting life!! I am going to show the world God's Love by becoming a Counterterrorism Analyst with the National Security Agency then becoming a congressman for the state of Washington.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Intro to Revision

In this very first discussion board for this English class, we were to talk about ourselves such as talk about why we are going to college, what defines us, and what is unique about us. I originally posted about my faith in Jesus Christ and talked about what I believe; that God sent his one and only son to die on the cross for my sins then rose on the third day to conquer death so that I can have everlasting life in heaven.
This category is to be our revision piece and I felt a huge burden to choose this discussion board post. For the last two years I have been attacked by being called gay because I have an “obsession” with Céline Dion. I think that this is an important piece to include in what describes me because people don’t realize how much I listen to her on a daily basis. I sometimes think of her as a family member because she is in the house and my car a lot of the time. The real problem that I face is being called gay and thrown into that gendered message pool. “Men aren’t supposed to listen to girl music.” What’s girly about Céline Dion other than she is a girl? Céline Dion is the most famous artist in the entire world. She has over 200 million albums sold, which is more than any other artist, and when she ran her vegas show for five years; the show was sold out every single night. Why can’t a man listen to someone who has had that much success, and if they can then why do they have to be labeled as gay?
That topic has been on my mind ever since I finished my first draft of that discussion board post. Men shouldn’t be afraid to admit what they like because they might be called gay. There is no reason for calling men gay. It makes no sense. This is an issue that plays on to other issues men face, like keeping emotions inside instead of letting them out. Therefore, I would like to revise this discussion board post and talk more about what describes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment