About Me

I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins, so that I can have everlasting life!! I am going to show the world God's Love by becoming a Counterterrorism Analyst with the National Security Agency then becoming a congressman for the state of Washington.

Friday, June 3, 2011

New Me!

Hello Everyone,
First off I would like to say that I go by my middle name; Mitchel. I am excited for this quarter to start rolling! I have skimmed through the book and found a couple selections very interesting. My identity...who I am...Well, I believe that God sent his one and only Son to die on the cross for my sins then rose on the third day, so that I can have everlasting life. Jesus Christ is my life, He makes me who I am. I have grown up with the understanding that church is something you go to every Sunday, but now I have come to know that I can't just go to church, but I have to take the church out to the world by showing God's love and being that example towards others. I am proud to say that the Lord has opened the door for me to start on the path of becoming a Counterterrorism Analyst with the National Security Agency. Eventually, I hope to move into politics and become a congressman for the state of Washington. Leadership is a skill I have been given.
One more understanding that people need to know about me is that I have been trying to tackle the issue of gendered messages. I am completely head over heels for Céline Dion. The price that I have paid for this is that people have labeled me as gay. Gay as in feminine or as in me liking men, I have no idea; just gay. How is it that a man, me, can’t get away with like the most successful female artist in the entire world? She has sold over 200 million albums, which is more than any other female artist, and she had a five year show in Las Vegas where every night was completely sold out. Men should not have to hide something like this. If we, men, can’t like Céline Dion without being called gay, does that mean we can’t listen to Mariah Carey, Taylor Swift, Whitney Houston, Black Eyed Peas (remember Fergie is in the group!), or Carrie Underwood? Céline Dion is a part of my life as is any other artist that one may listen to; she just happens to be the one artist I listen the most to. There is one reason that I want to get across to this nation is; Men, don’t be afraid to admit what you like! You may be called some labels you don’t want to be called, but you know what is right and more importantly who you are.
I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for the rest of my life! I also cannot wait to learn from all of you guys too! Hope everyone has a great first week!

No comments:

Post a Comment